5% of a population have a flu and the remaining 95% do not have this flu

5% of a population have a flu and the remaining 95% do not have this flu. A test is used to detect the flu and this test is positive in 95% of people with a flu and is also (falsely) positive in 1% of the people with no flu.
If a person from this population is randomly selected and tested, what is the probability that the test is positive?

Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order a custom answers with us

Order Over WhatsApp